Department of Communicable Disease Surveillance & Control
Directorate General of Health Affairs Ministry of Health HQ, PO Box 393
PC 100, MUSCAT
Sultanate of Oman
Tel : + (968) 24601921/ 24607524
Fax : + (968) 24601832
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Participation in the Regional CME's on communicable diseases:
Seminar, DGHS, South Batinah
The CME was a whole day program that was held on 30/01/2012 at the Rustaq hospital conference room.
8 credit points were added to the participants and 8 for the organizers.
The topics of the program were:
- Outbreak detection in Health care setting
- Emerging & Re – emerging diseases
- Surveillance of infections targeted for elimination
- Surveillance & management of hospital acquired infections
- Immunization of Health Care Workers
- Role of laboratory personnel in routine Surveillance & outbreak situation
- International Health Regulations
Seminar, DGHS, Salalah, Dhofar Governorate
The CME was a 2 day (27/12/2011-28/12/2011) program and the target audience were Physicians and Laboratory technicians from Primary Health Care and Private Hospitals/Clinics. It was held at the SQH Auditorium, Salalah and the objectives of the CME were:
- Identify public health importance of emerging diseases to participants
- Update participant’s knowledge regarding re-emerging diseases in Dhofar Governorate.
- Understand the challenges and solution for emerging and re-emerging disease.
- Develop effective strategies to improve surveillance into established infrastructure in regional and field level for emerging and re-emerging disease
- Outline how Updated Algorithm on Dengue is effective and useful for early confirmation disease from that of old one.
- Update their information about policy of Ministry of health on TB
- Outline how to identify duration of Cough symptoms and utilizing this symptom to suspect TB and for screening purpose.
- Update their information about policy of Ministry of health on Communicable Diseases.
- Review the approaches in surveillance of Communicable Diseases
- Discuss the features, advantages, and disadvantages of updated policy and tool implemented in infectious disease.
- Assess the effects of passive surveillance to improve quality.
- Understand the role of importance of contact screening of TB cases to prevent TB
- How Child Is more on risk for TB than adult
- Understand the importance of screening of child, as a contact case.
- Assess the Q fever in fever cases to diagnose early.
- Understand the role of laboratory and advantageous of Quantiferon TB Gold Test for TB.
6 credit points were added to the organizers, 3 for participants who were doctors and 2.5 for staff nurses and laboratory technicians