Department of Communicable Disease Surveillance & Control
Directorate General of Health Affairs Ministry of Health HQ, PO Box 393
PC 100, MUSCAT
Sultanate of Oman
Tel : + (968) 24601921/ 24607524
Fax : + (968) 24601832
Email : email@example.com
Dengue Taks Force
A joint meeting between the National Dengue Task Force with the Directorate General of Health Services, Dhofar Governorate is planned for the 10th and 11th of April, 2012
A recent significant meeting was held between the Surveillance section of the department of Communicble Disease Surveillance and Control with the deparment of Central Blood Banks services, Central Public Health Laboratory, Sultan Qaboss University, Armed Foced Hospital and the Regional Direcorates of Muscat, South Batinah, North Sharqiyah and Dhofar Governorates. Various task force teams were created to look into the various concerns and issues related to HepB diseases in Oman and to formulate a National registry for Chronic HepB.
Oman Vaccination Week, 2012
The thrid vaccination week is planned to be lauched during the month of May, 2012. The targets of this program not only includes health care workers and high risk groups such as immunocomprimised indviduals but also school children.
Outbreak Management course
Two courses are planned to be held in South Sharqiyah and Dhofar governortates in the near future. The course has been designed for capacity development amongst the Ministry of Health staff and other stake-holders involved in outbreak situation either due to infectious or non-infectious agents such as chemicals.
Health Vision 2050
An international conference is planned by the Directorate General of Planning, MoH to be held in Oman along with various departments of the Minsitry during the first week of May, 2012.
The objectives of the deparment of Communicable Disease Surveillance and Control are the following:
- Reduce incidence of the priority communicable diseases in Oman.
- Reduce mortality due to the common communicable diseases in children and adults.
Seasonal flu Vaccine Study 2012-13
- A joint Venture between the Ministry of Health, Oman and World Health Organzation, Geneva is on the anvil
- The primary purpose of this study is to determine the effectiveness of seasonal influenza vaccine.
- A cohort study to assess the effectiveness of seasonal influenza vaccine among Health Care Workers in North Batinah, North Sharqiyah and Dhofar governorates, Oman has been tentatively planned.
Acute Otitis Media Study
A multi-country colloborative study has been planned along with the pharmaceutical company,GlaxoSmithkline, to assess the incidence of Acute Otitis Media in Oman.